Engineer 2, Product Design
- PRIMARY PURPOSE:
- New projects development
- Mass production products maintenance
- Technical partner
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Drive the NPD and MOD product development, ensure design works hit each phase gate and release the product on time.
- Create 2D/3D, concepts - FMEA and risk analysis (use of FEA, GD&T, tolerance analysis).
- Review DFM with globally cross functions - Identify the test procedure and prepare the DVP&R.
- Coordinate with globally sections to ensure product design, fabricate, design validation and certification testing is completed according to standards.
- Work within a globally functional/manufacturing team on mass production product sustained and maintenance, include some of cost down projects.
- Be a technical partner, troubleshoot and provide support to manufacturing engineer, QA, sales, marketing, external customers.
- Insight the existing knowledge and new technology research, build technical influence on cross functions.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree of Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent from a four-year college or university, or above.
- 5+ years of connector design/improvement experience.
- Excellent connector knowledge of contact physics, material, finishes.
- Familiar with connector manufacturing process (stamping, molding, plating, assembly).
- Must be self-motivated, Independent analysis, judgment ability on any design or process issue. This also need dynamic personality with strong winning and high-performance mindset.
- General knowledge of industry standard such as UL, IEC, EIA, USCAR are desirable and experience of testing requirement, techniques for product qualification.
- Strong data analysis skills (6sigma /DOE/SPC/CPK/MSA etc.)
- Project and timing management skills, with an ability to plan and prioritize multiple overlapping activities.
- Must have good team-oriented and interpersonal skills to work across global multi-cultural team.
- Strong oral and written English communications skills, ability to communicate globally at all levels internally and externally.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Wire to wire/ wire to board connector design experience (such as white goods, automotive, power, signal connector).
- Knowledge of wire termination techniques, such as crimping, soldering.
- Familiar with FEA software.
- Oversea and diverse culture working experience.