Research Associate- Converting Technology Platform
This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Research Associate - Converting Technology Platform for our Technical Center in Neenah, WI. This is a position within the converting technology development team where you will collaborate to create a suite of technical solutions that enable the development of new/improved products and support elevated performance of commercial assets. This opportunity will allow you to combine your technical expertise, leadership skills, creativity, and entrepreneurship to have a direct impact on business performance. If you have a passion for innovation, experience with converting technology, and a desire to lead and collaborate with a team of dedicated people, this could be the right opportunity for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborating with product developers and business teams to understand and apply appropriate converting processes and technologies to meet present and future business needs
- Engaging OEM’s, engravers and other material suppliers (i.e. adhesives, roll coverings, etc.) to understand the capability of their technologies and in turn communicate our needs with the goal of identifying a pipeline of new opportunities for GP
- Exercising critical thought and approaching data analysis with a creative and open-minded approach to identify new opportunities and solve complex problems
- Monitoring the market (domestic and international) to identify new technologies, explore the potential to improve products/processes, and make investment recommendations to the organization
- Continually developing subject matter expertise and coaching/educating the organization on those areas of expertise to improve performance where converting skillsets are important
- Partnering with the Legal team to develop Intellectual Property strategies that include landscape investigation as well as the creation invention disclosures and patent applications
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
- Able to travel an average of 25%, including limited international travel
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in converting
- Experience working in an R&D environment with demonstrated results independently leading research programs, developing pipelines of creative technical solutions, and scaling up to commercial feasibility
What Will Put You Ahead
- Advanced Engineering Degree (M.S. or PhD) in Engineering
- Experience in project management
- Experience crafting and pitching venture summaries incorporating multi-faceted analysis
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience in a converting
- Experience in tissue/towel/napkin converting
- Experience in folding operations
- Subject matter expertise in Rewinding, Cutting Operations, Bonding/Lamination, and Web Handling
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.