What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop manufacturing or related automation equipment
- User Interfaces design.
- Work with process and mechanical engineers and process engineers to develop equipment from concept to implementation
- Lead technicians on machine development and building activities
- Maintain and enhance existing control code
- Document, analyze and report on system testing results.
- Be able to identify and solve problems in machine setup and operation.
- Ensures that verification testing is comprehensive with respect to system-level requirements.
- Develop prototype system or software to help process development
- Write XML datalogs that upload to relational database.
- To be able to work with vendor to benchmark and utilize new automation technology
- Translate system specification and requirements into system verification strategies, equipment prove out plans and system performance testing.
The successful candidate will demonstrate
- To be able to work with both mechanical and electrical engineers to define architecture.
- Self-driven and commitment in meeting project objectives and ensuring system verification activities are conducted with timeliness, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Determination and sound technical judgment in problem solving and seeking solutions.
- Ability to communication all aspects of risks that may develop, issues that may arise or ideas on opportunities for improvement.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three years of professional automation equipment development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Science Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Specific experience in developing, supporting automation equipment for production environment
- Experience with machine motion control, vision control and their related language programming
- Experience with equipment setup, acceptance test, troubleshooting and support
- Experience with electronics or optical manufacturing assembly process
- Familiarity with equipment control panel and pneumatic systems (eg. Power supply, IO, SMC)
- Understanding of common communication bus standards such as RS232, Ethernet and Fiber Channel
- Hands-on experience with equipment and tools
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Science Engineering
- Experience with LabVIEW
- Experience with python
- Experience with Cognex or similar machine vision
- Experience with SolidWorks and fixture design
- Experience with opto-electronics assembly process
- Understand and utilize basic statistics to analyze equipment performance
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf