BI Developer (Open to Remote)
We are building something new and valuable, a finance data platform that enables efficient and repeatable data collection across our enterprise and makes many types of data available for reporting that was not previously possible. Developing this new platform in support of our Finance Transformation effort will be critical to our success as a Finance team at Koch Industries. A Business Intelligence developer on our team will be empowered to pursue value through data delivery across a broad spectrum of Finance teams and upstream business partners. In this role, you will be expected to build critical data and analytics processes, provide best practice guidance, as well as creating governance methods that ensure that we maximize the long-term value of our work.
A successful candidate in this role will have the following characteristics:
- Effective verbal and written communicator using appropriate consideration for audience level of engagement and understanding
- Self-manage your backlog of work with balanced attention to project timelines and long-term value capture
- Consistently provide appropriate challenge to proposed architecture and design decisions
- Capable of efficiently converting customer needs into actionable assignments for project partners
- Desire to foster internal and external resources that support the data platform development
- Be able to apply economic value principles for the identification of process improvement opportunities
- Demonstrate high initiative for automation and innovation
- Be a life-long learner; communicate knowledge of new industry and technology developments that enhance team and community value
This role is open to being fully remote with a preference for candidates to be located in or near Atlanta, GA; Wichita, KS; Kansas City or Chicago, as some travel would be expected to these locations on an as needed basis.
What You Will Do In Your Role
As a Business Intelligence developer on our team, your major responsibilities will include:
- Design, build and deploy sustainable BI solutions with appropriate monitoring and alerting
- Perform and supervise detailed data research and analysis; investigate, troubleshoot and resolve data quality issues
- Recommend and implement resolutions for continuous data quality process challenges
- Identify opportunities to reduce development cycle time
- Guide data product teams on governance and best practice processes
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external key technology partners and providers
- Partner with Finance platform developer team members to create effective cross platform solutions
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Collaborate with business partners to integrate systems
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years in business systems analysis
- Demonstrated economic thinking
- Experience Developing with ETL tools (Informatica, SSIS, Talend, Matillion)
- Experienced user of data prep tools (Alteryx, Talend, Tableau Prep etc.)
- Experience with advanced data storage and analytics (Relational SQL, ETL, Data Lakes, BI platform(s), etc.)
- Familiar with enterprise data warehouse methodology such as how to build dimensions, fact tables, and associated jobs
- Able to function in Agile project management methodology
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years’ experience supporting finance domain or business analytics
- Experience with cloud environments especially Amazon Web Services and Snowflake
- System and Security Administration experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $ 80,000- $ 130,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf