Remote Automation Systems Engineer
Georgia-Pacific LLC has an exciting opportunity for a talented Material Handling Automation Systems Specialist to join our manufacturing IT automation team. This role will be an active participate in the planning, design, and implementation of material handling automation systems and integrations for our manufacturing sites and remote distribution centers.
The ideal candidate will be a driven continual learner with strong technical, data analysis, problem-solving skills… able to communicate effectively with operations and IT stakeholders across a complex/diverse team environment. This role will be responsive to the needs of the sites that operate 24/7.
What You Will Do In Your Role
A strong performer in this role will effectively apply our culture and MBM® philosophy to:
- Partnering and collaborating with a diverse and remote team of operations and various IT specialists/architects, and vendors to create or optimize common manufacturing automation platforms and processes
- Thrive on collaboration to innovate, solve problems, and continually improve our common platforms
- Partner with Process Control and Engineering capabilities to deliver solutions that are optimized for automation.
- Analyze manufacturing data flows to identify opportunities to optimize or improve the reliability of our platforms and system integrations
- Become a function/technical expert of our material handling automation systems and integration frameworks tied to our shop floor equipment, MES, and ERP strategic systems.
- Provide thought leadership and contribute to the development of monitoring and alarming tools that will enable both on site IT/Ops as well as remote support personnel to quickly identify and resolve issues
The Experience You Will Bring
- 4+ years of experience in a STEM related field (Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Experince providing technical support
- Experience working in industrial, manufacturing or operations environments
- Experience learning new technologies and managing multiple projects/tasks at a time
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to work on-call rotation that provides 24/7 system support
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience within manufacturing
- 2+ years of experience implementing Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) or robotic automation systems
- Experience with database query languages such as Microsoft SQL
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) development
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf