REGIONAL I & E TECHNICIAN
Koch Fertilizer, LLC is seeking a motivated and self-driven Instrumentation & Electrical Technician to join the fertilizer shipping and storage terminal group for a Regional I&E Technician role. This role will be based out of Koch Fertilizer, LLC, Vernon Center, MN facility, but will allow for the individual to work remotely. Koch Fertilizer, LLC owns network of storage and terminal assets across the Midwest and Eastern corn belt (Supporting the Minnesota/Iowa area primarily but may had additional travel responsibilities as needed). The terminal network is responsible for storage and shipment of anhydrous ammonia and other fertilizer products to customers for agricultural and industrial use.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing support to the terminal system for routine efforts if needed
- Project support with scope development and execution
- Train and develop local I&E talent within the terminal system
- Ensure the safe, compliant, and reliable operation of the process equipment
- Travel to facilities when needed
- Work extended hours as required
The Experience You Will Bring
- Knowledge of procedures, safety & environmental risks associated with handling, shipping, and storage of chemicals
- Experience or training in the maintenance and troubleshooting electrical control systems (PLC support)
- Experience with:
- Process controls and analog loops
- Performing calibrations and functionality testing capabilities
- Experience with instrumentation specifications for process and equipment
- Training and mentoring I&E technicians o Providing project support with scope definition and execution of the project
- Reading electrical drawings and provide support for drawing revisions with markups and reviews of final drawings
- Troubleshooting - 120V and 24VDC controls systems, electrical power 480V
- Machines within a terminal system and process knowledge
- Travel up to 75% (includes overnight and some weekend travel)
- Valid US Driver's license
- Lift and carry up to 25 lbs
- Work outdoors in all types of weather
- Pass a pulmonary breathing test
- Climb stairs, ladders and work at heights of approximately 25-100 ft
- Sit, stand or kneel as needed
- Wear full Level A Personal Protective Equipment (this includes wearing a gas mask type respirator and hazmat suit)
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 5 years of industrial electrical, electronic, and mechanical systems experience
- At least 5 years of experience working with PLCs
- Experience with a CMMS system (Ex: Maximo)
- Associates degree or higher in Engineering, Electrical/Instrumentation, or Controls
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each caPhysical Requirements: o Lift and carry up to 25 lbs o Work outdoors in all types of weather o Pass a pulmonary breathing test o Climb stairs, ladders and work at heights of approximately 25-100 ft o Sit, stand or kneel as needed o Wear full Level A Personal Protective Equipment (this includes wearing a gas mask type respirator and hazmat suit) ndidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf