Georgia Pacific Recycling is one of the largest pure traders of recycled commodities in the world, trading in excess of 100 thousand tons per week. By focusing on becoming a preferred partner and creating virtuous cycles of mutual benefit, we have built a collaborative network of trading partners around the world. Are you ready to be part of a world-class transportation capability in a fast-paced environment? Are you an innovative, out of the box thinker, able to provide quality economic solutions to customers and suppliers?
Georgia Pacific is seeking an Export Logistics Transportation Specialist in Jericho, NY!
The Transportation Specialist creates value by in our supply chain and providing solutions to challenges while maintaining compliance with all export regulations. Employees that mirror the values of the organization and obtain results will have opportunities to advance into roles with increased responsibility and opportunities for value creation. This role will support our Export Operations team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work closely with vendors and dray carriers to ensure timely movement of material
- Drive service improvements while optimizing freight costs
- Collaborate and work cohesively across multiple teams within our supply chain to drive innovation and continuous improvement
- Execute on marketing plan to meet order fulfillment and profitability expectations
- Adhere to all compliance standards while proactively identifying and contributing to gap closures
- Think critically, seek and share knowledge and suggests changes to maximize efficiencies
- Work within a fast-paced environment
- Use communication skills to maintain relationships with internal and external customers
- Maintain a flexible schedule to support West Coast vendors
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas), and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business or related area
- 2+ years ocean export (Full Container Load) experience
- Experience working with export dray carriers
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf