Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician -open to any location within the U.S.
$7,500 sign on bonus
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is looking for a Service Technician to join our Fired Equipment Group to provide technical field services for the open flame combustion industry. This position is home-based and is open to anywhere within the U.S., as long as you are within a 50 mile radius of a major airport.
We are recognized for safety, environmental excellence, innovation, and customer service. This is a great opportunity to be part of a customer-facing support team. Our customers produce the world’s energy, chemicals, and plastics, and eliminate harmful emissions from the air, water, and soil. We help them operate in a cleaner, safer, and more economical way. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Travel to job sites to perform maintenance, troubleshooting, tuning, or commissioning work on open flame combustion equipment of all types.
- Normal duties at the site could include modulating burners throughout their firing range while adjusting parameters such as fuel, air, O2 levels, etc, through the customers’ PLC programs.
- Responsible for installation supervision, troubleshooting and maintenance recommendations to our customers as well as commissioning new combustion equipment in all markets where combustion of fossil fuels is used to generate heat and/or steam.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience working with register burners on boilers or heaters, or on duct burners (HRSG's), or on burners for utility boilers or heaters for a minimum of 1 year, or military experience
- Experience working with PLC’s and PLC programming for controlling combustion equipment for a minimum of 1 year.
- Live within a 50-mile radius of a major airport in the U.S.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Able to travel 75% of the time
- Able to work overtime
- 2-year technical degree from an accredited college or equivalent work experience
- Basic knowledge of BMS (Burner Management Systems) and HMI (Human Machine Interface) programming.
- Able to stand, stoop, reach, lift overhead, and sit for long periods of time
- Able to lift 100 pounds of weight on an occasional basis
- Able to hear distinct sounds, see all colors of spectrum, and have good near and far sighted vision (corrective lenses allowed)
- This work is in an outdoor environment and consists of long workdays on occasion
- Able to use basic hand tools
What Will Put You Ahead
- Work experience with John Zink, Coen TODD, Peabody brand of burners, duct burners, or utility burners
- Experience working on Allen Bradley PLC's, in the combustion or steam generation industries
- 4 year degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Prior experience traveling extensively for work
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf