Strategy and Business Development Associate
INVISTA is among the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon. INVISTA's businesses include Intermediates, Performance Surfaces & Materials, and Performance Technologies. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
INVISTA is seeking an Associate within our Strategy and Business Development group. In this highly collaborative role, the Associate will participate in supporting our business through analysis, strategy development, origination, and due diligence. Successful candidates will have entrepreneurial, strategic thinking, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
In order to be successful, the candidate should be able to do the following:
- Effectively communicate with business partners
- Perform financial analysis to drive meaningful insights
- Work with creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Manage priorities across several projects
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Create financial modeling and provide analytics to support business decisions
- Drive strategic decision-making process in partnership with business leaders
- Participate and lead discussions with business leaders on investment recommendations and market point-of-view
- Perform industry research and competitive analysis related to potential investments and markets of interest
- Operate on a highly-collaborative team.
- Assume responsibility for 100% compliance with the laws, regulations, company policy, and industry standards applicable to this role
This will require:
- Adaptability. Comfortable with ambiguity and flexible with changes in direction.
- Curiosity. Energized to seek best knowledge and synthesize into a perspective.
- Principled entrepreneurship. Ability to work independently within the risk tolerance to output quickly, sharing work-in-progress analysis and iterating often.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or Business related field
- Experience performing financial modeling
- High proficiency using MS Excel
- Experience processing complex information and present it clearly and concisely
- Experience in quantitative data analysis
- Experience working with Sr Leadership and Stakeholders
Skills and abilities:
- Strong critical and entrepreneurial thinking skills
- High aptitude for fast-paced learning
- Strong desire to learn
- Strong communication skills
- Initiative and natural curiosity
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 2 years of transaction and/or investment experience or at least 4 years of driving business decisions through analytics
- Any combination of background in corporate development, corporate strategy, strategy consulting, equity research, private equity, transaction services or investment banking
- Three-statement modeling capability
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf