OPERATIONS SHIFT LEADER
“Strengthening vision connection on shift, advancing individual and team skills, and enabling transformation through partnership with capability leaders and front line employees.”
Flint Hills Resources in Rosemount, Minnesota is seeking qualified candidates for an Operations Shift Leader role. The Operations Shift Leader will primarily be responsible for leading outside shift operations across a process system with a strong focus on facilitating deep connections between front-line employees and business strategies enabling them to better apply their local knowledge and comparative advantages to attain the next level of business performance. The Operations Shift Leader creates value through a partnership with Operations Business Leaders and Production Shift Leaders to deliver on base refinery objectives in parallel to executing on strategic plans of the business. A critical part of this role will be to lead the shift through transformation change, creating a work environment that enables employee led innovation of work practices while prioritizing work activities across shift sets.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Engaging shift employees in vision discussions to develop improved application of Market Based Management principles and provide context and transparency to the strategic priorities of the business.
- Creating a safe, collaborative, environment where employees are empowered to seek out opportunities to build capacity and resiliency within our refinery, improve asset availability and performance, and innovate work practices.
- Ensuring the team has a strong connection to the EH&S vision with a priority on maintaining robust safe working practices and PSM knowledge.
- Prioritizing work activities within the 7-day window and field coordination of process plans.
- Leading team in response to unplanned events.
- Supervision of shift operators to include coaching, mentoring, and development of skills / MBM.
- Developing change management strategies to execute on business priorities and create an agile work team.
Key accountability and measures of this role include:
- EHS performance
- Profitability/Utilization/Asset Availability
- Fixed Operating Costs
- Shift Culture and Organizational Health
- Employee / Shift Development
Attributes for Success:
Change Leadership / Management
Creative Problem Solving
The Experience You Will Bring
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in a formal capacity
- 5 years of experience in a technical or operational role within a refining, chemical, petrochemical industry or other industry / sector with related transferable experience (i.e. Military, Energy, etc.)
- Willingness and ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts
- High School Diploma or equivalent
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf