GP Recycling is seeking an Accounting Assistant in Dothan, Alabama. This individual will add value by being willing to work in different environments providing clerical and analytical support in the areas of accounting and customer service. The ideal candidate must possess strong Internal Financial Control values, good attention to detail, show initiative, be an active learner, be open to change, a team player, and a highly motivated individual willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
For more than 40 years, GP Recycling has been at the forefront of the recycling industry, significantly reducing the amount of materials sent to landfills so they can become new products that we use every day. Our Accounting Assistants are a vital part of our business. We offer a competitive hourly rate and benefits with flexible start times and lunch options. Check us out!
Georgia-Pacific LLC is one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, building products and related chemicals. You may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Accounts payable/receivable exceptions processing
- Resolution of customer inquiries (research and produce accurate and timely support)
- Transaction processing to produce payments/invoices
- Assisting on cash and account reconciliations
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Accounts Payable / Invoice processing experience
- Customer service experience supporting internal and external customers
- Experience using Microsoft Office or Office 365 (including: Word, Excel, Outlook)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Knowledge of Incoterms and related responsibilities
- International buying/selling transport rules: DAPDAP, EXWEXW, EXWDAP
- Solid understanding of overall Accounting functions (General Ledger, Intercompany Transactions, Account Reconciliations, Journal Entries and Month-End close)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf