Machine Operator/Lift Truck Driver
Machine Operator/Lift Truck Driver
Georgia-Pacific is hiring motivated and detail-oriented individuals to join our team as Machine Operators/Lift Truck Drivers at our facility in Hattiesburg, MS. SPG Holdings (SPG), a Georgia-Pacific Company, is a leading specialty paper packaging supplier focused on providing a quality product and cost savings to our customers in the foodservice and retail napkin industry. We offer our customers a strategic partnership that contributes to their long-term profitability and success
Our Machine Operators/Lift Truck Drivers perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment. These positions work 12-hour shifts, to include rotating, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime. The starting pay is $16.00 per hour or more depending on skills and experience.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Meeting daily production standards
- Inspecting product to ensure quality standards are met
- Performing preventive maintenance and basic machine repair
- Adhering to all safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Maintaining cleanliness of work area throughout shift to ensure a safe and orderly environment
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations.
- Working around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substances
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year or more experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment, or military experience, OR completion of post high school education in a manufacturing/industrial centered program
- Experience adjusting and repairing industrial or manufacturing equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Industrial maintenance or electrical experience
- Forklift Experience
- Experience utilizing computerized machinery in a production environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf