The Lab Technician offers technical support for development and prototype construction of small electronic & magnetics sub-assemblies, including, hand winding of small form factor electronic components under magnification, electrical testing, pre-qualification of products and systems, documentation of assembly process(s) for replication activities at other labs and in production process. Perform functional tests, Electro-Static Discharge testing “ESD” and signal integrity evaluations. Provide feedback to engineering on functional and quality issues encountered and make suggestions for improvement.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform microscopic assembly, modification, and rework operations for prototyping builds of electronic & magnetic ICM products, including, soldering iron use, manual solder-pot pin soldering, fine wire twisting and hand winding-routing of toroids and transformers, circuit and mechanical assemblies, application of silicone coating, inspection, labelling, documentation and shipping
- Perform validation testing of product samples using network analyzers, oscilloscopes, meters, and PC-based data acquisition systems, record and interpret test data. Prepare reports of test results for internal personnel and vendors. Highlight areas of failure and provide possible reasons for malfunctions
- Organize lab and maintain archive of reports in on-line library
- Record and interpret test data. Prepare reports of test results for internal personnel and vendors
- Maintain spare parts inventory by Part number in on-line library. Determine minimum order qty for on-hand stocks & conduct and track reorder procurement activities where needed
- Complete and maintain compliance for all required corporate training, education and certifications, as assigned
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3 years experience in similar job function
- Ability to work for extended periods under microscopes to assemble, route and solder small wires within electronic assemblies
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3 years working within a lab level function involving independent setup of instrumentation, establishment of new test criteria, test data reduction, while documenting action based electro-mechanical corrective actions
- 2-year associates degree in a technical field with ability to read in interpret electrical schematics
- Intermediate hand soldering and circuit assembly skills
- Can handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively as part of a team
- Good written and verbal skills for clear and concise communication
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Intermediate level computer skills, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf