Guardian Glass is currently seeking an individual to fill the position of Logistics Supervisor. This position will be based in DeWitt, IA and is a key plant and functional leadership position.We aim to hire individuals who are highly self-motivated and energetic, ambitious, career-oriented, flexible, confident, competitive through teams and able to manage through influence.
The DeWitt Logistics Supervisor will lead plant and regional logistics activity and be responsible for a team of logistics operators. This role will be responsible to drive operational excellence in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with local and regional leaders to apply proven practices that ensure continuous improvement and drive transformation. In this role, the Logistics Supervisor must be able to work cross functionally to meet plant and business objectives. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with complex operations and logistics discussions related to managing a plant supply chain while keeping the customer at the center of our business processes.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Team –Leadership & Management
- Ensure your team is connected to the business vision and understands how they can create value.
- Work with each employee to develop an individualized set of responsibilities and expectations based on the business vision, the individual’s role and capabilities.
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to help every employee leverage their strengths and develop areas of opportunity to maximize individual value creation.
- Exhibit concise and assertive communication skills with the ability to meet deadlines, ensure follow up and manage goals
- Evaluate and select the appropriate talent that fits and advances our desired culture.
- Openly and proactively share experience & knowledge and provide each logistics team member the opportunity to acquire the best knowledge to be successful.
- Develop and foster a work environment that encourages and rewards a constructive challenge process.
- Create and maintain a culture driven to continuously improve supply chain processes, systems, and the individual talents of each team member.
- Ensure every logistics team member is aligned to Guardian’s safety and compliance expectations, acts with the proper regard for the rights of others and drives environmental excellence whenever possible.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 4-year Bachelor Degree. Absent a degree, the individual needs to have additional, related leadership experience that demonstrates the acquired skills and abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to drive transformational change
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to assess opportunities and lead the team in identification & development of alternatives that maximize value creation
- Available for on-call needs – after hours, weekends and holidays as necessary
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Operations preferred
- Proven team and individual leader with 3+ years of supervisor experience in a process manufacturing environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf