Guardian Glass is currently seeking an individual to fill the position of Process Engineer. This position will be based in DeWitt, IA and partner with the Fabrication team to perform a variety of coordinated activities that will work to build on our production, quality, and safety goals.We aim to hire individuals who are highly self-motivated and energetic, ambitious, career-oriented, flexible, confident, competitive through teams and able to manage through influence.
The DeWitt Process Engineer will be responsible to drive operational excellence in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with local and regional leaders to apply proven practices that ensure continuous improvement and drive transformation. In this role, the Process Engineer must be able to work cross functionally to meet plant and business objectives. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with complex operations while working collaboratively with production personnel to review, create, and modify standard work practices to develop their skills and advance our MBM culture.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop safe, compliant, and reliable operations through standard work procedures and statistical process control.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and optimization.
- Ownership of output quality, production results, and process waste.
- Guide troubleshooting and problem-solving events.
- Support the Operations team in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Comfortable troubleshooting equipment, ordering supplies, and carrying out asset care activities.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 4-year Bachelor Degree. Absent a degree, the individual needs to have additional, related engineering experience that demonstrates the acquired skills and abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Process data analysis and interpretation
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Self-driven and motivated
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial/Operations Engineering, or related engineering field
- Familiarity with data collection, SQL and database design
- Electrical/PLC understanding
- Automation experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf