Koch Minerals & Trading is a global commodity trading company participating in nearly all commodity markets but focusing in petroleum and energy. We are seeking a Fundamental Trader to join our existing ‘thermal generation chain’ team. You will be responsible for managing risk and researching and developing opportunities for recurring profitability in an energy related commodity, assisting in strategy development and ideation, oversight and management of risk exposures – and advising on the deployment of speculative risk - to the wider team.
As part of the North American Gas, Power & Renewables team the Fundamental Trader will provide strategy development and execution support. The candidate would be expected to have experience developing strategies in and trading an energy or energy ag commodity, and to have experience deploying and managing risk and drawdown.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a dynamic team, check out our open role!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop analysis to demonstrate edge and justify measured risk taking in an energy related commodity
- Maintenance and circulation of supporting fundamental analysis for all active and potential trades
- Development and trading of uncorrelated strategies/factors which increase diversification in the book
- Efficient execution of trading strategies and position management on behalf of the business
- Frequent clear communication with mid-office and risk capabilities
- Management of physical and financial positions and risk deployment on the desk
- Share POV with peers, challenge and drive change in our existing processes
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Sciences, Engineering, Economics, Computer Sciences, etc.
- Experience with financial trading in energy or agricultural commodities
- Experience either providing a point-of-view within a trading environment, or advising a risk-exposed customer-base
- Knowledge of physical participants and hedging behaviors
- Previous experience with fundamental analysis and associated understanding of price formation resulting from that analysis
- Experience executing across multiple commodities
- Experience working orders efficiently in illiquid markets
- Depth of experience trading around structured volatility positions and management of options exposures
- Experience with Excel & VBA
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience in Operations or Scheduling
- Programming experience in one of the following languages - Python, R, Matlab
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf