Georgia Pacific's Dixie Consumer Operations division is hiring for a Production Supervisor for their plate manufacturing operation in Fort Smith, AR. Georgia-Pacific’s Fort Smith facility uses cutting edge technology to manufacture Dixie® plates. Dixie® is a brand of choice and is widely used in homes and businesses across the country. For more information on who we are and what we do, visit our website at www.dixie.com.
The Production Supervisor will work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment to implement new technology, while leading and developing teams in ownership-based work systems (OBWS) and to become self-directed. This role works twelve (12) hour shifts that include nights, weekends, and holidays.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead, mentor, supervise, coach and develop approximately 30 hourly employees utilizing the MBM® Guiding Principles and Operations Excellence tools to improve capability and performance
- Plan and direct work for hourly production employees; appraising performance and providing feedback on an ongoing basis; holding employees accountable in a fair and consistent manner; communicating issues and results daily to crew members
- Focus on safety, quality, reliability, training, production, cost, and housekeeping
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to and among team members to enable them to succeed
- Identify and correct unsafe conditions and acts, and, recognizing positive safety performance as well as individual and team contributions to a safer workplace
- Interface with Manufacturing Engineers, Performance Leaders, Skill Developers, and other team members to identify and address performance gaps and working with the team to execute asset strategies
- Engage with other Frontline Supervisors in the plant to discuss problems that have an impact on the performance on other shifts
- Ensure decision making and actions are consistent with the collective bargaining agreement language and intent
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience coaching and mentoring employees
- Four (4) years or more of manufacturing experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools in the following manner: Excel – (sorting data, creating tables, and creating graphs); Outlook – (scheduling tasks, calendar invitations and general professional correspondence); Word – (document creation/editing); PowerPoint – (presentation creation/editing)and the ability to learn other software applications
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates degree or higher
- Five (5) or more years of supervisory experience with responsibility over a large group of employees within a manufacturing or industrial environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf