M&A Tax Manager
Koch Companies Services, LLC manages the business-driven tax transactions and planning of Koch Industries, Inc. and its affiliates. The M&A Tax capability supports each of the Koch subsidiaries on potential acquisitions and divestitures and the Koch Investments Group on potential hedge fund, private equity, venture capital, real estate, and structured equity investments. Following an acquisition, the M&A Tax capability also assists with integrating a target with Koch. Koch has historically been extremely active in the M&A market, investing more than $120 billion in growth since 2003.In 2021 alone, Koch Investments Group has closed over 100 individual investments. Koch's shareholders continue to reinvest 90% of its profits back in the company to grow the company both organically and inorganically. Koch Companies Services assists the Koch affiliates with being on the cutting edge in deal work and has access to some of the world’s best technical experts to assist with each transaction. The variety and international range of Koch companies provide a wealth of opportunity to advance into senior planning roles and other career paths.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Partner with Business Development, Legal, Treasury, and Accounting business group leaders:
- Assisting on tax and diligence issues surrounding acquisitions, divestitures and investments;
- Negotiating contracts with respect to acquisitions, divestitures, and investments;
- Advising on structuring with respect to acquisitions, divestitures, and investments; and
- Modeling tax costs (e.g., rates, repatriation) and tax attributes (e.g., NOLs, tax credits, etc.) with respect to potential transactions.
- Work with outside tax advisors at major law firms and accounting firms to analyze and document complex tax issues.
- Develop recommendations and present the economic and technical aspects of transactions to diverse audiences.
- Draft complex transactional step plans that incorporate legal, accounting, and tax effects of transactions.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or Taxation and/or a JD or LL.M. in Taxation.
- 2 + years experience consulting on tax due diligence, tax structuring, legal entity rationalizations, divestitures, and corporate reorganizations.
- 3+ years experience with tax technical research, writing, and modeling of tax attributes and deal related deductions.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
What Will Put You Ahead
- M&A Tax experience at a law or accounting firm, including structuring and/or contract negotiation.
- Proficiency in advanced Microsoft Excel functions (including, but not limited to V-Look up and Pivot tables).
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf