INVISTA is looking for an Industrial Hygienist to join our Camden, South Carolina team. This role will be responsible for onsite EHS needs from the front-line personnel, including compliance reporting, government interactions, and building operational capability for the teams. This role will help support and own execution of compliance tasks in the field to support base operations. This individual should be a team player with the ability to work independently in an efficient and effective manner creating value-adding results, dedicated to excellence and continuous improvement, and sense of urgency to achieve site vision and objectives
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Compliance assurance of Health & Safety programs--oversight, self-assessment, and routine auditing
- Provide field H&S support to site operations, construction, and maintenance projects
- Implement programs to promote employee health and safety compliance
- Guide the organization to meet or exceed internal and external regulatory requirements
- Provide guidance for Site Safety Guiding Coalition with focus on integrating Health and Safety in the shift organization
- Support site teams in Root Cause Analysis and incident investigation
- Conduct and manage industrial hygiene exposure assessment process
- Act as the liaison and support occupational health surveillance and injury/illness case management
- Manage Chemical Management Program (to include, SDS review process and managing site chemical inventory)
- Maintain compliance of site fire alarm and suppression systems
- Provide H&S guidance to Plant Leadership Team (PLT) to improve site safety culture
- Identify and utilize data and reports needed to provide effective governance of site H&S performance
- Support the training and development of site employees and site leaders in safety and health
- Work with site teams to develop appropriate solutions to mitigate site risks
- Develop and maintain technical knowledge to ensure ongoing personal effectiveness
- Exhibit interpersonal and organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills and good judgment
- Be willing to be on-call for emergency response
The Experience You Will Bring
- Degree in Health & Safety related field and 2+ years of experience in a Health & Safety role OR 5+ years of experience in a Health & Safety role
- Safety regulatory knowledge (include OSHA, NFPA, etc. and other H&S, engineering best practices)
- Experience developing and implementing safety programs
- Experience in Health & Safety auditing
What Will Put You Ahead
- Manufacturing or Petrochemical industry experience
- Program Management skills
- Project Management Skills
- Demonstrated leadership capability - able to envision, develop, direct, manage, and motivate an organization
- Achieved, working toward or eligible for H&S certification, including CSP, CHST, CHMM, CIH, etc.
- Experience with reporting programs such as Microsoft BI and PowerApps
INVISTA is one of the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex, and polyester applications. Operating in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including LYCRA® fiber, COOLMAX® fabric, and CORDURA® fabric. You may not realize it, but INVISTA's products play a role in nearly every aspect of your life, for example INVISTA fibers may be in your carpet, clothing, or bedding--and INVISTA polymers may be in your car, food packaging or camping gear. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Manufacturing or Petrochemical industry experience This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf