Electrical Applications Engineer
A key part of the solutions we offer our customers, rely on electrical and electronic equipment as part of safety and automation systems. As we strive to support and maintain those systems, we are often required to update or replace components and entire systems due to age and availability of parts. As electrical applications engineer you would be responsible for understanding the requirements of our customers and provide the best possible solutions.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working with the sales team to review enquiries on a technical basis.
- Preparation of technical proposals.
- Support project execution teams.
- Preparation of drawings utilizing the companies drafting resources.
The Experience You Will Bring
- HND in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of UK / European specifications and standards of design and build.
- Knowledge of Low-Voltage circuitry, Power distribution & 3-Phase circuits.
- Basic understanding of Field installations and field signals (digital & analogue).
- Able to read electrical schematics, external connection drawings, cable layout drawings, panel layout drawings and P&ID.
- Implementation of hazardous area protection concepts in electrical system design with reference to ATEX and IECEX.
- Microsoft Word and Excel.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of PLC hardware components.
- Knowledge of PLC logic.
- Marine standards for electrical and automation installations.
- Understanding of Serial communications (Modbus) and simple Ethernet networks
- Knowledge of specifications and standards of design and build outside of those listed.