The Shipping Intern is part of the Post Voyage Operations team at Koch Shipping Pte Ltd, disponent vessel owner with a fleet of time charter vessels, from oil tankers to bulk carriers, a fast-paced, dynamic, and team-oriented organization. We offer a rewarding, challenging and cross cultural work environment supporting waterborne operations and trading. The successful candidate is offered the opportunity to work with vessel operators, shipping analysts, freight traders, collaborating with the teams in Houston, Geneva and Varna, gaining insights to the maritime industry, from contractual, operational and administrative levels.
Candidates for the Shipping Intern role should possess knowledge of and interest in the marine transport industry. The Shipping Intern is an active participant on the post voyage management performing numerous tasks such as :
- Charter Party review and analysis
- Analysis and negotiation of shipping claims such as demurrage, shifting, deviation, additional war risk premium etc.
- Create cost records in the Shipping operational software (IMOS) related to items such as vessel hire, freight, voyage costs, demurrage and dispatch
- Management of brokerage commission payment
- Ability to analyze data with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate through both written correspondence and verbal communication
- High level of motivation
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to create metrics by pulling data from multiple sources
- Ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously