Welding Engineer/QC & NDT Inspector_ Ingegnere di Saldatura
Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is a growing family of 12 companies coming together as one brand. KES will serve customers with innovative, engineered-to-order solutions. Our future is in the development of transformational connected product platforms that integrate equipment, data analytics, closed-loop controls and services. KES exists to create value for our customers. By harnessing the expertise and resources of the KES family of companies, we can offer customers direct access to commercial excellence, operational excellence, innovation and talent that is unrivaled in the industries we serve.
We are seeking a specialist to oversee all welding, NDT and quality control related activities for the KES Aprilia factory. This role combines hands-on welding work and QC inspection activities with higher-level administrative and technical responsibilities. This person will be responsible for managing welding procedures, supervising the welding team including providing consulting services, coordinating multiple projects, and overseeing the welding procedure. As Quality control inspector, he will monitor quality standards for nearly all manufactured products. He will be responsible also for NDT procedures preparation and implementation.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work closely with the engineering and production department to ensure product compliance with the customer's purchase order.
- Perform daily checks in the workshop of the various manufacturing processes (in particular welding but also painting, assembly).
- Carry out checks throughout manufacturing (dimensional control, Ferrite, hardness tests).
- Carry out the checks before / after sending to subcontracting (painting / pickling / passivation).
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, returning products for re-work, and confirming re-work.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizes re-work and waste, and inputs data into quality database.
- Develop & manage welding procedures & processes (WPS/PQR) including all associated laboratory destructive testing.
- Qualify, monitor & maintain welder`s certification (WPQ).
- Define & prepare welding book to each project & product.
- Ensure that welding machine & tools are calibrated & well maintained.
- Collaborate with technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure compliance of welding requirements with established welding procedures, restrictions and international standards.
- Collaborate with the other KES factories globally to improve our welding capabilities & performances.
- Provide training, coaching to production & quality personnel to meet welding requirements and drive opportunity of continuous improvement.
- Be deliberate to share experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials.
- Responsible to approve the welding consumable selection and to ensure the control of welding consumable storage & handling accordance with manufacturers' recommendations.
- Develop & manage NDT procedures & processes.
The Experience You Will Bring
- International Welding Technician (IWT) or equivalent.
- Previous experience in welding department.
- Knowledge of international Codes as ASME, GB, AWS, ISO etc.
- Certification in Non- destructive testing (ASNT-II) Like PT, MT, RT, UT, VT etc.
- Experience in fabrication, welding & control for pressure vessels, exchangers, steel structure, sheet metal, skids. International Certifications in welding (like CWSIP or AWS or CWI etc.) will be considered a plus.
- Courage to lead, takes ownership.
- Fluency in Italian and able to communicate in English (B2). Any additional languages would be an asset.
- Effective people & relationship management.
- Decision making & analytical capability.
- Resilient, optimistic, value creator and open to transform.
- Focused, target driven with a positive can-do attitude.