PRIMARY PURPOSE: Continuously improve process engineering capability and work closed with design Center to develop new product. Develop and implement new processes/technology or major changes to existing processes. Create and maintain documentation associated with assigned processes. Troubleshoot and solve processing issues in regards to ongoing production as well as with new product introductions.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Participate in DFA/DFM activities along with cross functional team. Provide manufacturing plant’s feedback based on lessons learned and continuous improvement efforts.
- Study the project scope, put together manufacturing strategy that aligns with our vision and future product pipeline.
- Work with equipment vendors to during equipment design, development, testing and qualification. Collaborate & apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials. Actively contribute to equipment FAT and SAT runs.
- Participate in equipment design reviews. Solicit observations from the plants for a robust machine design.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
The Experience You Will Bring
- BS in an engineering discipline or a minimum of 10 years working experience in manufacturing engineer area.
- Minimum 4 Years work experience in electronics industry.
- 5+ years of experience in the manufacturing process design, tooling design and automation design. Knowledge of various manufacturing assembly processes like screwing, soldering, dispensing, crimping, welding is essential.
- 5 Year working experience in automation for manufacturing processes.
- 5+ year experience with machine builders to build and deploy manual and automated equipment.
- Ability to understand customer technical needs, specifications and advanced automotive architecture and effectively provide solutions to both the customer and present these opts to Molex Business Unit.
- Good understanding of assembly concepts, mechanical aspect of automated equipment, fixturing and tooling is required.
- Must be able to travel up to 20-30%, including potential international travel.
What Will Put You Ahead
- BS in an engineering discipline or a minimum of 6 years working experience in manufacturing engineer area; Prefer to work experience in process development.
- Minimum 6 years of process design.
- Familiarity with database development, SPC software, and design of experiments is desirable.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification.