Sustaining Engineering Design Engineer
Genesis Robotics and Motion Technologies – Sustaining Engineering Design Engineer
At Genesis, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
With the launch of our first product and many more to come, we are looking for a motivated and entrepreneurial Design Engineer to join our Motor Development team to drive sustaining engineering of our existing product lines. You will be instrumental in continuously improving the cost, manufacturability, serviceability, and usability of our products.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support the Manufacturing and Operations functions in the production, improvement, and cost reduction of existing product lines
- Act as the representative of the Product Development organization for existing product lines
- Help ensure that products are designed with serviceability, DFM, and DFA in mind by being involved in early product development stages
- Drive product cost down and quality up, through collaboration with internal stakeholders and suppliers Improve existing product lines by synthesizing new information about actual product use in the field throughout its life
- Improve production consistency through careful selection and timing of design improvements
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Engineering degree, preferably with a Mechatronics specialty (alternatively Mechanical or Electrical Engineering)
- GD&T training or expertise at intermediate level, with at least two years of applications in the real-world environment
- Demonstrable experience in leading DFM and DFA activities
- Experience with verifying the impact of changes on product performance
- Clear track record of reducing product cost through the implementation of design and/or process changes
- First-hand design experience for both low and high volume manufacturing processes, from CNC 5-axis milling to casting, extrusion, and injection molding
- Good background in statistics
- Experience with precision equipment, particularly involving electrical components and/or torque transmission
- Entrepreneurial mindset that aggressively contribute value and benefits to the company through tangible improvements to the product
- Superb ability to communicate with others, conveying difficult cost-benefit trade-offs through various means, like verbal explanations, clear spreadsheets, or succinct reports
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Knowledge of statistical tolerancing and process quality
- Experience performing tolerance stack-up calculations involving GD&T
- Experience with measurement equipment like CMMs, optical methods, and gauges
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 150+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/ and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg