Sr. Director, Engineering MSBU
Molex is looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Micro-Solutions Business Unit as our Sr. Director of Engineering based in sunny Fremont, CA.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Hire, train, and mentor high-performing engineers and supporting staff to meet the needs of our internal and external stakeholders.
- Discuss and lay out project specifications; Develop overall concepts for a new product; Check technical accuracy of work; Establish administrative policies, procedures, and standards; Review, approve, or modify product designs; Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts. Support proposals and reports for customers.
- Discusses complex engineering concepts with both internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Research issues, assess risk (and possible impacts), identify alternatives, and present findings and potential solutions to address complex challenges faced by our key customers.
- Responsible for product patent protection, overseeing PSR filing process, and working closely with patent attorneys.
- Maintain strong understanding of company policies, guidelines, and MBM guiding principles, and models those behaviors and drives accountability within team.
- Encourage and support positive employee relations, open communication, and teamwork within the work group and with other locations.
- Responsible to ensure that all engineers follow all company and department procedures, engineering standards and customer specifications and requirements.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Minimum ten years’ supervisory/managerial experience leading a global team
- Experience with Total Quality and process-based organizations highly desirable
- Experience with both low and high-volume environments highly desirable
What Will Put You Ahead
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Software-aided design background - 3D modeling experience desired
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf