**The successful candidate will be provided a $10,000 signing bonus after starting the new role. **
Georgia Pacific’s Wauna, Oregon Consumer Products Mill is seeking a talented Environmental Engineer. The individual selected will provide environmental leadership and strategic direction for environmental water programs at the Mill through the application of Market Based Management® (MBM®) and Georgia-Pacific’s Guiding Principles.
The Environmental Engineer will create real value for the organization by ensuring that environmental risks are identified and mitigated and by developing environmental strategies that are consistent with company/division environmental visions and strategies. Additionally, this person will drive environmental excellence and performance improvement through real culture change, by developing/utilizing effective, sustainable environmental management systems and by ensuring that facility leaders and employees are trained and equipped to manage environmental responsibilities. This position would report to the facility Environmental Manager but has the potential to develop into a future management role. The ideal candidate must be able to embrace and lead change, possess strong interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
There is the potential of this role moving into a hybrid working arrangement down the road. This will depend on the capabilities of the new hire.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for the mill’s compliance performance for the NPDES Wastewater Program & NPDES Stormwater Program
- Provide technical support and fulfill reporting requirements for onsite Drinking Water Program.
- Ensure all water-related regulatory compliance obligations are fulfilled
- Apply subject matter expertise and excellent communication skills to – independently and objectively – help the Operations teams meet environmental compliance requirements
- Lead NPDES permitting activities
- Coordinate closely with analytical laboratories and various resources to lead, schedule and complete sampling events
- Responsible for implementing the Environmental Management System (EMS) for assigned programs
- Continue to develop existing EMS lanes to ensure a robust program – consistent with GP expectations – is in place
- Systematically drive mill environmental program to be more effective, consistent, verifiable, and efficient (structured and principled vs rule based)
- Develop and own an evergreen point of view of the mill’s environmental risks, priorities, and key issues. Develop and implement improvement plans to advance the mill’s environmental position
- Ensure systems (tools/methods) to assess facility compliance status are implemented, tracked, and modified as necessary
- Proactively increase knowledge of current and emerging federal, state, and local environmental regulatory requirements affecting mill operations
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of mill processes and how they affect compliance
The Experience You Will Bring
B.S. Degree or higher in Environmental Sciences, Pulp & Paper, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, or other science and engineering
Experience with environmental compliance programs, projects, and people in an industrial or manufacturing setting
What Will Put You Ahead
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) or Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Experience with developing and improving management systems
- Pulp and paper process and broad regulatory knowledge
- Prior NPDES management experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf