Dry Cargo Charterer
Our team at Koch Minerals & Trading is seeking a Dry Cargo Charterer to join our team! This is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal’s role, with the chance to be part of a highly experienced, dynamic and ever growing team where realizable individual & team values and contributions can be captured.
In this role based out of our London office, you will share responsibility for procuring marine freight for Koch Minerals’ internal spot and forward dry bulk cargoes. This currently includes the products of petroleum coke, sulphur and various metals. You will be part of a close, engaging, dynamic and social team where each day will see different interaction with both internal and external counterparties. There are regular opportunities to travel for meetings and conferences. This is a great opportunity and long-term career challenge to be a key contributor to overall business profitability by procuring optimal freight.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide daily freight quotes and chartering vessels ranging from Coasters to Capes on a worldwide basis
- Develop an actionable point of view
- Assist with the growth strategies of the Freight group
- Continue to develop disciplined physical trading strategies
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience as a broker, owner or charterer in dry bulk shipping
- Extensive chartering knowledge to include freight rate negotiation and a deep understanding of charter party terms
- Experience acting as an interface between commodity traders and ship owners
- Ability to travel internationally up to 5 to 10%
- Flexibility to work evenings due to the nature of chartering business
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous work experience with a shipping company
- A good understanding of voyage estimating and laytime
- Member or Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers
- Ability to be proactive to save time/money
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.