Who are we? Watch to find out! Do you have a long-term vision for your career? Is it time that you join a company that aligns with your values and beliefs? At Koch Ag & Energy Solutions (KAES), 90% of our earnings are reinvested in the company so that we can create opportunities and long-term value for our customers, employees, and society. Our culture is defined by the Market-Based Management (MBM)® philosophy which guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create. Koch Fertilizer ENID, OK is currently seeking a Laboratory Manager role in a plant laboratory.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Get involved in all facets of the testing cycle from pulling samples to final testing.
- Interface with plant operations to determine appropriate testing for product quality assurance, normal operations support, environmental compliance and testing that would assist in troubleshooting issue.
- Lead quality assurance capability and be involved in a multi-functional laboratory directly supporting all aspects of manufacturing capability.
- Lead the laboratory team consists of several chemists (2-3) that will be reporting to the lab manager.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- At least 2 years of management experience with multiple direct reports
- Knowledge of the use of statistics to understand data and promote good problem solving
- Must be able to respond to plant issues outside of normal business hours
- Meet the physical requirements: 1. Lift 35 lbs. horizontally, 2. Lift 20 lbs. from floor to waist, 3. Pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs., 4. Low work including kneeling/squatting, 5. Climb a ladder and stairs, 6. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas, 7. Ability to be medically approved to participate in the respiratory protection program
- Availability to travel up to 5% of the time within the US
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or science
- Experience in a laboratory, operations, or technical support role for an industrial petrochemical facility
- Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) experience
- Experience working in a food grade facility
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
This role offers a relocation package if needed.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf