Director of Finance
Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is currently looking for a Director of Finance. The business finance capability is a vital component within the KES leadership team driving business strategy, initiatives, and transformational change.
Founded in 1945, KES has a long history of delivering innovative engineered solutions to meet changing customer needs. Major platforms include Projects and Services, providing full asset lifecycle engineering, construction and services; Process Equipment group, providing engineered-to-order equipment solutions to a range of process industries; and Innovation companies, bringing new and advantaged technologies to solve customer problems in established industries. Customer industries include process industries, refiners, oil and gas, renewables, chemicals, food & beverage, utilities, municipalities, and many others. KES has 56 global engineering and sales offices and 17 manufacturing facilities in 25 countries. KES continually invests in new capabilities and technologies and has completed eight acquisitions since 2018.
As a member of the KES leadership team, you will need to thrive in a fast pace and innovative environment. You will collaborate with the commercial, operations and leadership teams to evaluate, analyze and improve our profitability by focusing on product cost and pricing, global operations and manufacturing footprint, and framing and developing growth strategies for the future.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Establish market-indicator driven forecasting models.
- Articulation of the market drivers of the business in our financial statements, such as demand drivers that correlate to our results and market share, or supply drivers like new competitors, or optimizing costs that can be passed on to customers.
- Assessment of our competitive position and whether we are pricing based on value or on a cost-plus basis; develop measures of market opportunity win/loss, and why.
- Measure controllables such as cost of downtime, quality, etc.
- Measure risk / reward and whether we are getting paid appropriately (i.e for carrying working capital or credit risk).
- Develop and maintain meaningful self-serve analytics for business and operations utilizing KES “live” data lake.
- Ensure quarterly business reviews and materials are well-planned, cover market drivers and controllables, and drive action.
- Lead a team of finance managers and analysts and develop talent within the team.
- Be a change agent for the accounting and finance transformation initiatives (i.e. Enterprise 1 system implementation, evaluation of what to outsource/what to keep, driving the leveraged capability operating model).
Successful candidates will have:
- The ability to adapt to new problems and successfully operate within an environment that is experiencing a significant amount of change.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and ability to work within cross functional teams.
- Ability to connect the organization to the commercial strategy from a financial perspective.
- Strong economic thinking skills.
- Self-motivation and the persistence to create value through work process transformation.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience building strategic partnerships within a dynamic business environment.
- Leadership experience within an accounting, finance, business development or tax capability.
- Experience in application of the decision-making framework.
- Strong practitioner of MBM.
- Experience in risk adjusted experimentation and rapidly developing proof of concepts testing new ideas, as well as scaling these ideas into production ready solutions.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Finance leadership position in a global organization.
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing, commercial, and/or trading environment.
- Experience driving successful organizational business transformation.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf