Firmware and Software Engineer
Molex is seeking an experienced Hardware / Firmware / Software Engineer who will be responsible for the design, documentation, and release of gas sensing products for the industrial and industrial IOT market. The candidate will work individually as well as with teams in office, lab, and industrial settings and will communicate directly with customers to capture and document requirements and to resolve issues. Previous experience in sensor related fields is required.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Serve as a Firmware / Software Engineer for gas sensor products.
- Be a results-oriented self-starter who holds oneself accountable for performance and excels in a fast-paced team-based environment.
- Develop, test, and document MCU, ARM, PC, and mobile applications with a focus on industrial IOT applications.
- Design full embedded solutions including bootloaders, vectored interrupts, power saving modes, in-circuit emulators, and device level protocols, and use wireless and wired communication to communicate with other devices in an M2M environment.
- Program and troubleshoot embedded systems using C/C++ and a variety of IDEs for different processors. Some PC development and mobile development required.
- Work collaboratively with other Engineers in the Distributed Sensors Group to research gas sensor applications to screen opportunities, define, design, and verify products. Candidate will be required to see designs through analysis of manufacturing readiness, qualification, and release.
- Work collaboratively with other Engineers in the Distributed Sensors Group to maintain commonality across gas, temperature, and other sensor families if possible.
- Work closely with other software developers to send data to local or remote databases using JSON or other Internet protocols.
- Work with Electrical Engineers and/or consultants to design the overall system requirements of the sensor solution.
- Work in a team-based environment to determine and document engineering requirements, timelines, project plans, design verification schedules and test plans.
- Help guide and train other resources like project engineers and technicians to carry out testing, design verification testing, etc.
- Lead the testing of products for certifications and compliance (e.g., UL/ETL, FCC, IC, CSA, CE, ATEX, etc.)
- Assist project engineers, other resources, and customers with field testing of newly released products for industrial environments and applications.
- Some travel required, especially to potential field application sites.
- Understand, support, and comply with current Molex policies and practices related business programs. Including but not limited to government regulations, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S), Six Sigma & Lean Manufacturing, Total Quality Management (TQM), and Management Systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related field.
- Prior product-related experience implementing and interfacing to peripherals including ADCs, Flash EEPROMS and LCD displays, using UART, SPI, I2C , and GPIO.
- Skilled with test equipment including logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, impedance analyzers, etc.
- Experience designing and executing verification and validation plans.
- Some experience with Linux, Python, and git.
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5-7+ years of experience developing embedded mixed signal systems and products for industrial and commercial applications.
- Prior experience with firmware design of sensor measurement, test, and calibration routines.
- Experience designing embedded code that has gone through production, test, and release.
- Proven ability to support factory and/or deployment teams to resolve technical issues.
- Familiarity with wireless radio modules using AT commands and or library functions supporting wireless protocols like Wireless HART, Wi-Fi, Zig-Bee, BLE, ISA100, or cellular (LTE).
- Experience with single board computers, including the Raspberry Pi.
- Familiarity with AWS IoT Core or similar services.
- Prior development of battery powered devices, including use of low power modes for embedded electronics and experience carrying out poser budget analysis.
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills Proficiency using Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- General project management skills including project planning, scheduling, and coordinating through design, prototyping, testing, and manufacturing support.
- Excellent analytical and empirical problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Ability to apply statistical methodology in evaluating design and system performance.
- General RF design experience.
- Experience with industrial communication protocols including Modbus, HART, Profinet, etc.
- Proficiency with Android and/or iOS programming.
- Experience with JSON, RESTful API, Java, SQL and noSQL databases.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf