Dry Cargo Charterer
Our team at Koch Minerals & Trading is seeking a Dry Cargo Charterer to join our team! This is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal’s role, with the chance to be part of a highly experienced team where realizable individual & team values and contributions can be captured.
In this role, you will share responsibility for procuring marine freight for Koch Minerals’ internal spot and forward dry bulk cargoes. This currently includes the products of petroleum coke, sulphur and and various metals. You will be part of a close, engaging, dynamic and social team where each day will see different interaction with both internal and external counterparties. There are regular opportunities to travel for meetings and conferences. This is a great opportunity and long-term career challenge to be a key contributor to overall business profitability by procuring optimal freight.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team, check out our open role!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide daily freight quotes and chartering vessels ranging from Coasters to Capes on a worldwide basis
- Develop an actionable point of view
- Assist with the growth strategies of the Freight group
- Continue to develop disciplined physical trading strategies
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience as a broker, owner or charterer in dry bulk shipping
- Extensive chartering knowledge to include freight rate negotiation and a deep understanding of charter party terms
- Experience acting as an interface between commodity traders and ship owners
- Ability to travel internationally up to 5%
- Flexibility to work evenings due to the nature of chartering business
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous work experience with a shipping company
- A good understanding of voyage estimating and laytime
- Member or Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers
- Ability to be proactive to save time/money
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf