TECHNICAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Georgia-Pacific Corrugated is recruiting a Technical Service Representative to support its business objectives by strengthening relationships with current and new customers while also providing value-added services. The primary territory will be within the states of Illinois & Wisconsin but with an emphasis on the Appleton – Sheboygan – Green Bay – Milwaukee - Chicagoland Areas. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
The Technical Service Representative must be both structurally and technically strong and will develop a solid understanding of the inner workings of Georgia-Pacific's packaging network. Other attributes of success will include being organized, self-motivated, possessing effective oral and written communication skills, project management, problem-solving abilities, and embracing teamwork. This position will report to the Area Sales Manager.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Servicing the day-to-day needs of and building relationships at multiple levels within local and national accounts including Operations, Engineering, Sourcing, and Management.
- Develop multiple decision-maker relationships within accounts
- Steward strategic business by providing consultative services within a customer’s complex operation
- Troubleshoot packaging equipment in real-time and provide time-sensitive solutions
- Managing own portfolio of customers as well as assisting with Technical Service responsibilities in other shared customers within GP’s market
- Identifying customer-specific solutions and drive implementation through existing sales channels
- Liaising between the customer base and GP customer service, design, production, shipping, and quality teams, promoting the Voice of the Customer
- Working effectively with GP’s National Accounts team to maintain and grow a customer base of corporate accounts
- Creating value as measured by maintain/growing share, OTIF performance, quality metrics, efficient onboarding of new business, successful project management of complex accounts, and overall customer satisfaction
- Integrating packaging design capability into the commercial value chain to enhance the customer experience
- Communicating and coordinating activities and projects across multiple customers and/or GP teams
- Working independently against a variety of objectives using time management skills to meet and exceed external and internal expectations
- Maintaining consistently updated customer activity reports/files, project plans, and data-mining capabilities
- Utilizing CRM to maintain, update, and input vital information as it pertains to the effective management of our customers’ business to streamline communication between GP stakeholders
- Local driving travel within upper Midwest market ~50% of the time
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least one year of direct customer-interaction experience
- 5 years of manufacturing industry experience
- Project management experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have a valid US Driver’s license
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Corrugated experience
- Packaging equipment knowledge, particularly case erectors and case packers
- Corrugated Operations, Quality, Design, and Mechanical background/knowledge
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing credentials/certifications
- Project management certifications
- Experience with a CRM platform
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf