Warehouse/Shipping Operator (Gypsum)
Do you like taking on new challenges? Do you enjoy working in a team environment? If so, we would like to hear from you! Our Georgia-Pacific Gypsum facility in Savannah, GA is seeking motivated and safety-oriented individuals to join our 2nd shift team as Warehouse Technicians. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for compliance, safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. If you possess a positive work ethic and a willingness to learn, then we are interested in learning more about you!
The Georgia-Pacific facility in Savannah, GA produces a variety of gypsum wallboard products. Wallboard is an affordable, strong and durable construction material used in residential and commercial building. Georgia-Pacific Gypsum is a leading manufacturer of innovative solutions which have long been recognized for contributing to the sustainability of commercial and residential buildings. Our pioneering and state-of-the-art fiberglass mat technology has inspired the construction industry to build with products that help manage moisture damage during and after construction. For more information on Georgia Pacific’s Gypsum Division please visit www.buildgp.com/georgia-pacific-gypsum.
Warehouse/Shipping Operators make $19 per hour, and work in an industrial environment that is hot, humid and noisy and work around dust grease, oil and other chemical substances. This role operates on eight to twelve-hour shifts, some Saturdays and holidays. This job requires extensive time on a forklift, climbing on and off lift to place risers for product.
Earn competitive pay & benefits with opportunities for bonuses at 6 months & 1 year.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Monitor and/or entry into computer control systems
- Troubleshoot equipment to optimize production
- Perform basic asset care duties to include routine preventative maintenance and cleaning of work area
- Work as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste, quality, and safety goals
- Operate and/or work around mobile equipment that ranges from forklifts to heavy equipment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day, in a loud/noisy, and industrial, high-volume environment
- Inspecting forklift before start of every shift
- Prepping Trailers and rail cars to be loaded, strapping loaded rail cars. Housekeeping of the shipping and rail loading area
- Loading trailers and rail cars per pick tickets and bills of lading
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- One year experience in a manufacturing, industrial, agricultural, or military environment OR completion of post high school education in a manufacturing/industrial centered program
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using a computer, tablet, or smart device
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com