Mechanical Reliability Engineer
Join INVISTA as a Mechanical Reliability Engineer in Orange Texas. We're looking for you to bring solid technical proficiency in mechanical equipment and systems commonly used in the petrochemical industry. We'll also lean on you to be transformative and innovative in your approach to problem solving within a fast paced environment managing multiple priorities while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines. You'll also have the ability to solve technical problems and drive economic decisions while working with a diverse workforce.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Drive new innovative and transformative technologies in reliability applications
- Continuously improve asset availability and reliability by working to resolve equipment system failures and implement improvement strategies
- Participate or guide RCAs that develop recommendations to eliminate reliability incidents.
- Participate in and develop MOC’s as necessary to support the design and installation of asset improvements
- Provide support for turnaround scope development, planning and execution
- Support the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the area. This includes assistance to maintenance technicians and Operations in the troubleshooting of incidents that impact unit availability.
- Support unplanned events as a technical resource
- Provide technical expertise for onsite and offsite repair of equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field OR 7 years of Manufacturing Reliability Engineer experience.
- 1+ years of Engineering experience in the chemical, petrochemical, manufacturing or utility industry
- 1+ years of experience in PM, inspection, troubleshooting and developing improvement scopes of work in the petrochemical or refinery industry
- Knowledge of RCFA and implementation of effective reliability strategies
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years of Engineering experience in the chemical, petrochemical, manufacturing or utility industry
- 3+ years of experience in PM, inspection, troubleshooting and developing improvement scopes of work in the petrochemical or refinery industry
- Use of engineering software (i.e. Fathom, ASPEN, Seeq, OSI Pi)
- Experience applying statistical tools to identify "Bad Actor" equipment (ie: Reliability Modeling, Root Cause Analysis, RCA)
- Working knowledge of compliance and engineering standards (API, ASME, ASNT, OSHA, EPA, and other RAGAGEP’s)
- Experience working in CMMS (i,e, SAP, Maximo, etc.)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to enter and move about in confined spaces and wear personnel protective equipment.
- Must be able to climb stairs and/or ladders in a plant environment.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions for various periods of time.
- Must be willing to work periodic workdays in excess of 9 hours.
- Must be willing to relocate to Orange, Texas area.
- Must be willing to travel 10% to visit vendor repair/testing facilities and/or our Victoria, TX facility
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf