RELIABILITY HELPER (INSTRUMENTATION)
Job Title: Reliability Helper/Instrument Technician
Location: Rosemount, MN
Our Pine Bend Refinery in Rosemount, MN is looking for a Reliability Helper/Instrument Technician. In this role, you will be part of the reliability team, which ensures the plant equipment runs efficiently and quality repairs are made in a timely manner.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Perform maintenance, troubleshoot, test, install, calibrate and repair the approximately 20,000 process control instruments at the refinery. This equipment includes: flow, pressure, temperature and level transmitters; transducers, controllers, switches, solenoids, relays, control valves, regulators, actuators and positioners.
- Working with measurement technologies in radar, nuclear, electronic and pneumatic devices.
- Review and understand written procedures, drawings, proper tools and equipment manuals to support completing quality repairs in a safe manner.
- Valid US Driver's License
- Must have ONE of the following:
- Associates degree or higher in Process / System Control and/or Instrumentation
- High School Diploma or GED with at least 2 years of work experience specific to Process / System Control and/or Instrumentation.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb (~200 ft) and balance
- Ability & willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (for example: hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, respirator, safety work boots, etc. as required)
- Must be able to adequately hear alarms and other sounds which may indicate a safety concern
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Associates degree or higher in Process / System Control and/or Instrumentation AND at least 3 years equivalent work experience related to Process / System Control and/or Instrumentation
Physical Requirements of the Role:
Join our team! We offer:
Competitive Pay and Benefits Package: Starting hourly pay ranges from $37.33 to $42.76 per hour with pay increases after training requirements are completed. Fully qualified Instrument Technicians at Pine Bend are compensated at $47.00 per hour with opportunities for compensation increases with additional training, knowledge and skills including ISA Certification.
The normal work schedule is: 4/10’s Monday through Thursday.
Full Benefits Package Including: 401K plan with a company match, defined benefit pension plan, medical, dental and vision plans, paid vacations/holidays, and numerous other voluntary benefits are available to FHR employees.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf