Railcar Maintenance Analyst
KBX Rail is seeking a Railcar Maintenance Analyst to join our team! A strong mechanical aptitude, marginal analysis capability, critical/analytical thinking and a motivated self-starter will put you ahead. This position will be located out of our Wichita, Kansas location.
KBX Rail provides its customers excellent tools for enhanced transparency, self-service access to data, and profitable decision making in rail supply chain logistics by aligning the incentives of shippers, optimizing asset utilization, and providing actionable fleet management insights. KBX Rail is a subsidiary of KBX, a Koch Industries Inc. company. Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Industries is one of the largest private companies in America, with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. For more information on KBX, visit www.KBX.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Actively support the KBX Maintenance Specialists with daily activities including:
- Performing system updates and analysis
- Reviewing railcar estimate/invoices
- Enhancing customer response time and quality
- Providing customer with relevant updates utilizing both written and verbal communication skills
- Data stewardship and validation
- Mechanical aptitude (including but not limited to; automotive, mechanical, manufacturing, construction, railroad, etc.)
- Estimate/Invoice review and approval
- Process improvement/optimization to solve problems and address potential gaps in the process
- Act as a liaison to the portfolio team
- Challenge the status quo to improve process and efficiency
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products
- High School Diploma
- Willing and able to travel 10% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in using data to identify actionable opportunities and build strategies to engage multiple capabilities to execute, measure progress, and benchmark results
- Experience supporting multiple capabilities
- Customer facing experience
- Experience with analytics and visualization tools such as Microsoft PowerBI
- Railcar/Railroad specific experience
- Experience with process improvement
- Minimum 2 Years of experience in either corporate or manufacturing setting
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf