Technical Agronomist - Home Based
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is seeking a Technical Agronomist to join a dynamic team, focused on plant nutrition products in the agricultural market. This Home - Based role will travel to directly support a team of sales representatives in Western Canada. The primary focus is to deliver technical product information and training to customers, consultants, farmers, and internal stakeholders. Secondary emphasis is to manage a regional portfolio of field trial projects within a third-party research program, to help the business evaluate existing products and new technologies. This position requires excellent communication skills and the successful candidate must be able to present technical concepts to audiences with a diverse range of agronomic knowledge. The Technical Agronomist role is expected to bring a strategic leadership perspective to the team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Take strategic ownership of a regional agronomy program with input from sales, marketing and other related capabilities.
- Educate the internal sales workforce and the external sales & agronomy teams of our customers, to position Koch Agronomic Services (KAS) and Koch Fertilizer Canada (KFC) product offerings with a competitive agronomic advantage in the market.
- Develop relationships with customer sales and agronomy personnel, farmer/managers, researchers, and independent consultants within the region, with emphasis on strategic collaboration with key accounts in high-value territories, managing top-level relationships, and aggressive growth.
- Manage a regional portfolio of field research projects to help KAS Agronomy evaluate current and emerging products, with emphasis on highly collaborative research relationships, forward-focused technological innovation, advanced data analysis, and marketing claims development.
- Engage with the KAS Innovation and Research & Development Teams to provide strategic thought leadership in the agronomic sector to evaluating new business opportunities and aligning the agronomic research program to long-term business need.
- Serve as an industry liaison and KAS media representative, becoming widely recognized as a thought leader and influencer at the regional and national level.
- Provide strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize based on value creation potential
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience providing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage customer relationships.
- Experience presenting technical information to diverse audiences.
- Experience designing and conducting research trials, analyzing data, and summarizing results.
- Knowledge of soil fertility and fertilizer products across Canada.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams
- M.S. in Agronomy or closely related area OR BS degree and 5 years of experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- 8+ years of agronomy experience
- 8+ years of experience delivering technical presentations
- Experience in fertilizer manufacturing, retail, or distribution channels
- Specialized knowledge in a complementary aspect of agronomy, such as crop protection chemicals, biologicals, seed, precision ag, or cropping system sustainability.