Project Engineer- Controls
Project Engineer- Controls
Guardian Industries, LLC is seeking a Controls Project Engineer to join our team as we continue to innovate and create tremendous value for our customers. We believe that our employees are our #1 asset and have embraced KOCH Industries (Parent Company) unique culture that demonstrates this belief every day. The successful candidate for this opportunity will surely be in for a rewarding journey of a lifetime!
Required Fundamentals for Role:
- Scheduling – MS Projects and/or Primavera (P6)
- Scope of Work Development
- Itemized Budgeting – Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Management of Respective Project Responsibilities
- Controls Engineering Discipline – Subject Matter Expert (SME)
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Be entrepreneurial minded in supporting capital projects assigned to the Guardian Headquarters’ Engineering Department
- Control system specification development and coordination of bid process with Procurement team
- Management of vendors and contractors to develop and execute projects
- Facilitate knowledge to team members on best practices for control systems
- Review vendor design drawings including PLC schematics, network architecture drawings, process flow diagrams, P&IDs, etc.
- Leverage internal resources (other departments – Procurement, Legal, Logistics, etc.)
- Management and coordination of trade contractors (i.e. electricians during demolition and construction)
- Oversee the timely procurement of key process instrumentation including thermocouples, flowmeters, etc.
- Commissioning and Startup of the control systems and field devices including troubleshooting
- Continuously seek knowledge to increase your ability to contribute for self-growth and company transformation
- Lead with a safety-first mindset
- Be a good steward of resources
- Organization and archiving of project information
- Contribute in diverse teams that include colleagues, plant resources and members from other capabilities located around the globe
- 20%-40% travel/year for project development and execution
- Extended stay travel is expected during site construction for close oversite of contractors and their respective progress in executing the project plan
- Regular return trips home are supported during extended stay assignments
- Opportunities for bonuses are typical in relation to being displaced to create value for our company
- Domestic and international
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or 5yrs experience in a related field
- Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Teams
- Microsoft Visio
What Will Put You Ahead
- +5yrs in Project Engineering
- Strong knowledge of PLCs (i.e. Allen Bradley, Siemens and their respective programming language)
- Strong knowledge of HMI (i.e. GE Digital iFIX HMI)
- Cyber security and process networks (OT) background
- Float glass manufacturing
- Project Management Software – Coupa, EcoSys
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf