Fixed/Static Equipment Engineer
Koch Fertilizer, LLC is seeking a Fixed Equipment Engineer to join the Operations Excellence team in Wichita, KS.The successful candidate will work closely with the operations, maintenance, and project organizations in support of multiple production and terminal facilities in North America. This role is responsible for ensuring mechanical integrity and maximizing the reliability life cycle value of fixed assets with a high regard for safety and the environment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide technical support in project development, turnaround scope identification, QA/QC, installation, commissioning, start-up and work activities on all fixed equipment upgrades, repairs, and new installations
- Lead and promote Root Cause Failure Analysis and utilizing findings to advance strategies around equipment reliability
- Analyze equipment trends, historical data, and field data to identify opportunities to improve equipment performance
- Identify, recommend, and champion solutions to problems/opportunities that achieve business goals
- Manage work execution plans and develop inspection repair plans during maintenance outages
- Conduct periodic assessments of the mechanical integrity and special emphasis programs at the operating facilities
- Develop internal and external resources and capabilities; and arrange for specialized contractors and consultants to assist with improving the reliability of equipment
- Promote and apply Company’s engineering practices; ensure the practices are used, remain relevant, and keep the business competitive
- Collaborate with peers across Koch Ag and Energy Solutions and Koch Industries to promote best practices, share and institutionalize knowledge, and provide technical insight into cross-site initiatives
- Lead and mentor employees to apply Market Based Management (MBM) in ways that are consistent with our Guiding Principles and MBM Framework
- Ensure code and regulatory compliance in area of responsibility
The Experience You Will Bring
- B.S. in Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience as an owner/user in a refinery or chemical facility
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Passport or ability to obtain within a year
- Ability to comply with the physical requirements: 1. Ability to climb ladders, platforms, and pipe racks, 2. Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather, 3. Ability to work overtime, including weekends and nights during planned projects, 4. Availability to travel up to 50% travel within North America.
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience
- One or more of the following API Certifications: API 510, API 570, or API 653; or QA/QC experience in fixed equipment manufacturing
- NACE Certifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards and recommended practices (e.g., API, ASME, AWS, NBIC)
- At least 1 year of Inspection Data Management System Software experience
This position offers a relocation package if needed.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf