Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy
This job posting is no longer active.
The Molex Corporate Development and Strategy team is seeking a Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy to join our team. The Strategy team is responsible for collaborating with Molex leadership to set the organization’s strategic priorities and supporting teams through execution. They are focused on assessing new market opportunities, identifying the key spaces where Molex should compete, defining the capabilities needed for Molex to succeed, and driving flawless execution against the vision.
In this role, you will lead strategic projects and initiatives across the organization. In addition, you will successfully define potential opportunities, develop workplans, execute primary and secondary research, assess existing and potential new market spaces, and interface with key business leaders to organize Molex’s response to critical strategic opportunities. You will be responsible for creating partnerships and driving collaboration with Molex business leaders and evaluating potential external partnership opportunities to drive strategic decisions and execution against strategic plans.
This role can be based out Molex’s Chicago or Lisle offices
What You Will Do In Your Role
New market assessments:
- Defining, leading, conducting analyses to assess the attractiveness of existing, adjacent, and white-space markets, as well as potential inorganic opportunities within those markets
- Perform primary and secondary market research
- Leverage existing databases, work across the organization to understand internal expertise, conduct subject matter expert interviews to gain valuable insight into market dynamics
- Develop fact-based, economically driven, ‘outside-in’ perspectives on potential new market spaces; update and refresh points of view on market segments where Molex has existing presence
- Identify key market trends, dynamics, value chain participants and translate into actionable insights for Molex leadership
- Attend trade shows, industry conferences and interface with industry experts
- Define implications and outline action plans for Molex
Market-Specific Strategic Projects:
- Partnering with the Corporate Strategy team’s market-focused Strategy Directors to execute key efforts for Molex’s Division or Business Unit leadership teams
- Outline problem statements, develop research plan, execute analysis to support strategic direction for Molex’s Divisions, Business Units, and Segments
Support Execution of Molex's Commercial Excellence Agenda:
- Lead targeted projects and engagements to identify profit-improvement opportunities across commercial execution levers and partner with business teams to drive execution and implementation
Develop & Maintain a Funnel of Opportunities:
- Proactively identify opportunity spaces across Molex’s existing businesses and in adjacent market spaces to support organic and inorganic growth opportunities
- Prioritize near-term and long-term opportunities
- Partner with Strategy Team Directors, Corporate Development leadership, Molex senior leaders to drive consensus
- Recommend attractive targets for cultivation and market entry
- Interface with and champion initiatives across a broad array of markets and business units. The ability to build alliances and influence Molex’s market-driven decision process will be important to the success of this Senior Manager
The Experience You Will Bring
- Masters degree in Business Administration
- A minimum of 2 years post-MBA professional work experience, ideally with a top-tier strategic consulting firm or corporate strategy / corporate development team
- Experience managing quantitative portfolio growth analysis
What Will Put You Ahead
- Interest in and a passion for technology markets (e.g., hardware, software, componentry, silicon)
- Experience with financial modeling
- A strong bias for action and a proven ability to drive projects through execution
- Proven managerial skills and a mentorship mindset to build and grow the Corporate Development Associate team
- An ability to deliver on short time frames and be committed to meeting deadlines at all times
- Structured and logical thinking with an ability to identify core business problems and demonstrate an instinct to discern what is most critical and important
- Powerful written communication skills and a proven ability to succinctly articulate key elements of complex topics in written form
- Strong verbal communication and experience expressing and defending a point of view (with data) in front of c-suite executives
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.