At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. The perfect opportunity awaits you to start your career at Georgia-Pacific as a Machine Operator Trainee at our corrugated packaging facility in Waxahachie, Texas.
These positions are for 2nd Shift (3pm – 11pm CST) or 3rd Shift (11pm – 7am).The starting pay is $17.50 per hour with a $1,000 sign-on bonus! These entry-level hourly positions will support machine operators by learning to safely operate corrugated production equipment while maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations. Our Machine Operator Trainees work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy environment and work any shift including holidays, weekends and overtime as needed.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Cross-train on production equipment to relieve co-workers for breaks
- Create a safe workspace by maintaining cleanliness in assigned areas
- Adhere to all safety and health policies
- Abide by all plant rules, procedures, and guidelines
- Support our safe working environment by wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and following Lock-Out-Tag-Out (LOTO) safety procedures
The Experience You Will Bring
- Six (6) months or more of work experience in a manufacturing, military, landscaping, carpentry, construction, warehouse, production, or farming environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience within the corrugated packaging industry
- One (1) year or more of manufacturing experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com