Resident Mechanical Engineer - Austin, TX
Molex creates connections for life by enabling technologies that transform the future and improve lives. With a presence in more than 40 countries, Molex offers a complete range of connectivity products, services and solutions for the data communications, medical, industrial, automotive and consumer electronics industries.
Molex is looking for a Resident Mechanical Engineer to provide on-site technical mechanical engineering expertise for a leading computer technology company based in Austin, TX. This Resident Mechanical Engineer will join a Molex team delivers that delivers connectivity and electronics solutions while sitting on site at our client location.
Our applications are primarily used in global deployments of its high-speed copper interconnects and modules to help customers better address demands for higher bandwidth. Molex’s broad portfolio of next-generation connectivity solutions leverage the latest advancements in copper to deliver high signal integrity, lower latency and reduced insertion loss for optimal efficiency, speed and density.
Our ideal candidate will have high expertise in mechanical design and will have experience working directly with clients.
This position will be based in Austin, TX.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide technical support by interacting with customer engineers and project leaders.
- Proactively identify potential issues and resolve current ones in a timely manner.
- Act as technical lead on advanced engineering projects through the initial phases of the New Product Development process.
- Coordinate technical meeting between client and Molex were necessary on electrical and mechanical issues.
- Develop knowledge of client systems and interconnect needs and anticipate future trends for high speed connector and cable requirements.
- Provide input to Design Center on product roadmap plans
- Partner with sales team for technical explanation and discussion
- Use CAD and other design tools for quick response to customer technical inquiries on design options, application reviews, and feasibility assessments.
- Report regularly to Engineering and Marketing groups outlining electrical and mechanical updates
- Support various engineering activities as part of the Product Development Process. The resident engineer is an integral member of the Design Center engineering team.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience designing electro-mechanical products
- Experience working with CAD skills (2D and 3D)
- Experience working and proactively communicating with internal and external clients
- Experience working with devices used in telecommunication, data center, high-tech or transmission
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working with product design with stamped metal and injection-molded plastic parts
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC)