Flint Hills Resources, LLC operates oil refineries and chemical plants across North America. Our Longview, TX chemical plant is hiring a Mechanic to join our team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintaining and repairing a wide range of plant equipment and systems
- Performing root cause analyses on equipment failures
- Completing required checklists and work log entries
- Responding to call outs
- Inspecting equipment during overhauls
- Troubleshoot, identify, and perform corrective and preventive maintenance on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulics systems
- Perform repairs to a precision state
- Diagnose problems by interpreting and working from engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, and equipment manufacturer’s literature
- Safety First Mentality that values risk identification and personal ownership
- Developing/modifying procedures
- Providing mechanical support during emergencies, shutdowns, and turnarounds
- Cross train for electrical and instrumentation maintenance
- Climbing heights exceeding 200 feet
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs occasionally and 30 lbs frequently
- Working in confined spaces
- Working in adverse outdoor weather conditions
- Walking and standing frequently
- Wearing a respirator and other Personal Protective Equipment
This role is subject to a pre-hire physical abilities test.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of experience working as a mechanic in an industrial setting
- Ability to read and understand work orders, drawings, and schematics
- Experience using precision measuring and alignment tools
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with pumps and valve maintenance
- Rotating equipment (compressors, etc)
- Previous millwright experience
- AAS in Industrial Maintenance or related coursework
- Knowledge of electrical and instrumentation systems
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf