Flint Hills Resources in Longview, TX is seeking qualified candidates to consider for an Instrumentation Specialist. The Instrumentation Specialist is responsible for overseeing instrumentation related maintenance activities for the workgroup. Serves as a Lead/SME for techs to consult for day-to-day activities and long-term scoping and strategy.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Remain current with assigned area work order request backlog
- Maintain shop documentation
- Perform Instrument Mechanical Integrity testing and documentation
- Perform Instrument turnaround maintenance activities (ID potential scope items, enter t/a work orders, lead work crews for scope as assigned, and perform instrument scope work)
- Identify training needs and take a lead role in obtaining training material.
- Perform Root Cause Failure Analysis on reactive instrument failures
- Strategic focus on Instrumentation and Asset Management
- Mean time of repair
- Bad Actors
- Support Instrumentation Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Scope Jobs to be planned. Scope = Troubleshoot, Diagnose, plan of action
- Support SIS function
- Develop performance of Instrument Technicians
- Develop and support wireless instrumentation infrastructure
- Support Asset Management Leadership on call
Physical demands of position include: climbing minimum of 75 feet, carrying up to 100 pounds, pushing and pulling force in excess of 50 pounds, working is high places, working in confined spaces, and working in various outdoor weather conditions
The Experience You Will Bring
·At least 5 years’ experience working with instrumentation in heavy industrial plants
·Valid Driver’s License
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate of Applied Science in Instrumentation
- Mechanical experience in an industrial environment
- Eight (8) or more years of instrumentation experience in a refinery or plant
- Experience with Fisher, Allen Bradley, PLCs
- Experience with transmitters, control valves, DCS (digital control systems), analyzers
This role is subject to a pre-hire physical abilities test.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf