Supply Chain Operations Analyst
Georgia-Pacific’s Continuous Manufacturing Group is seeking qualified individuals to consider for our Supply Chain Operations Analyst to join our Alabama River Cellulose Mill team in Perdue Hill, AL. The Supply Chain Operations Analyst will create long-term value by planning, coordinating, monitoring, and analyzing supply chain performances and data to identify opportunities for improvement by using the best economic means. They will work to understand customer needs through exchange of information and provide feedback to the department manager, as well as serving as a liaison between the Supply Chain department and our Atlanta office. Long-term value is created through the application of the company’s business philosophy of Market Based Management & Georgia-Pacific’s Guiding Principles.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Relay supply chain concerns to respective personnel and remains flexible enough to provide an alternate plan in a short period of time
- Review all orders daily to maximize efficiency in the production system
- Enter machine flow rates by date regarding the transition of production runs
- Ensure new customers and grade codes are entered in product tracking system
- Update sales team as to what inventory is available to offer regarding grade, packaging, and what is preloaded in equipment types
- Provide a weekly update to all Sales Regions and Customer Service teams; communicate with Lab and Operations groups on production priorities and change in the flow of production activities as needed
- Assist and notify mill managed warehouse personnel of incoming orders that will be shipped from the warehouse
- Review and approve all freight charges and all logistical accounting functions of finished goods
- Negotiate truck freight rates for approved carriers for shipments and tracks deliveries to monitor performance - request and create rail freight rates and routes in systems
- Release railcars for all commodities domestic /export based on customers request and send electronic data information to respective rail lines
- Monitor/Manage railcar demurrage and ocean container per diem and notifies respective departments of actions needed
- Work with customer service representatives, freight forwarders, carriers, and terminals to resolve issues with shipments
- Challenge current shipping lanes and seek to find new opportunities for shipping that will satisfy ARC’s objectives while reducing freight on a cost per ton basis
- Coordinate chemical railcar deliveries and monitors on-site inventories and manage container yard and railcar inventories based on expected orders
- Maintain all logistical documentation
- Serve as on-call person for Supply Chain Department
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of experience in supply chain, manufacturing, inventory management, and/or logistics
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Supply Chain Management
- Five (5) or more years of experience in supply chain, manufacturing, inventory management, and/or logistics
- Experience with transportation and inventory control systems
Our Alabama River Cellulose mill is situated in the Perdue Hill, AL area less than 15 miles from Monroeville, AL and less than 100 miles north of Mobile and Pensacola offering the charm of small-city living, limitless recreational opportunities, and close proximity to the beautiful Alabama and Florida Gulf beaches. The area also offers many events throughout the year, such as festivals, live theatre and Alabama’s Best Casino & Resort, Wind Creek Atmore.
As one of six world-class mills in the GP Cellulose business, Alabama River Cellulose produces specialty fluff and market pulp delivered worldwide to customers for a variety of high-end used and converting technologies. Our products are used in applications ranging from paper products to diapers and hygiene products as well as specialty applications including textiles, pharmaceuticals, food, paints and plastic molding components.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf