Guardian Glass is currently seeking an individual to fill the position of Quality Manager. This position will be based in Corsicana, TX, and is a key plant and functional leadership position, reporting directly to the Plant Manager. We aim to hire individuals who are highly self-motivated and energetic, ambitious, and career-oriented, flexible, confident, and competitive through teams and able to manage through influence.
The Corsicana Quality Manager will lead plant and regional quality activity and be responsible for a Quality Engineer. This role will be responsible to own all quality related issues in the plant, own the corrective action process, drive business transformation, and drive talent development. This role serves as a key member of the Corsicana site leadership team and must be able to work cross functionally to meet plant and business objectives. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with complex operations related to managing a quality program while keeping the customer at the center of our business processes.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Be part of the leadership team that drives safety performance within the facility.
- Improve customer satisfaction and reduce the cost of poor quality through increased customer responsiveness, reduced defects and claims, and reduced variability.
- Interface with internal and external customers to assure quality expectations are met, including managing customer relations through written and verbal communications.
- Lead facility with root cause and corrective action process, providing timely resolutions to customer inquiries, feedback investigations, and corrective actions.
- Track, monitor and report to leadership on quality performance using statistical techniques.
- Take leadership role in developing and implementing advanced quality principles.
- Administer corporate computer systems involving plant floor data collection, customer complaints and document control.
- Assist Department Owners with Supplier Quality issues within the plant up to and including submitting Supplier Corrective Action Requests.
- Ensure that all employees are properly trained in quality procedures and SOP’s.
- Communicate effectively at all business levels.
- Lead a robust layered process audit (LPA) process to drive cultural change to improve quality, reduce scrap and customer rejections.
- Manage change within the plant to ensure that all changes to process, specification, etc. are documented, communicated, and implemented in a timely manner.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience managing quality and process improvements within a manufacturing environment
- Leadership skills and the ability to motivate and influence people to create value and eliminate waste
- Use statistical tools for data analysis, e.g. statistical process control
- Experience in Problem Solving using Root Cause Analysis methodologies such as 5-Why, Cause Mapping, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced knowledge of Excel (ie. Spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data entry and manipulation for the purpose of analysis)
- Experience with Continuous Improvement within a manufacturing setting
What will put you ahead:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality Engineering or other technical discipline
- Experience in Operations within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and/or experience in glassmaking or glass fabricating
- Demonstrated leadership experience within fast-paced, 24/7 high volume manufacturing environment
- Strong Data analysis and statistical aptitude
- Six Sigma or SPC certification
- Experience with use of BI applications, specifically MS Power BI
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf