FREIGHT SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST
KBX Logistics is a leader in supply chain logistics, providing its customers with cutting-edge technologies and innovative data analytics solutions for their freight needs. KBX Logistics approaches freight logistics through optimization that enhances service, increases capacity and reduces costs in a safe, sustainable, and efficient way. KBX Logistics is a subsidiary of KBX, a Koch Industries Inc. company. For more information on KBX, visit https://www.kochind.com/companies/kbx.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Utilizing software (Freight Consolidation Optimization) to process customer orders and identify current mode based on cost and service analysis
- Utilizing the available tools to manage cost, service, and capacity through the optimization process and verifying optimization parameters to improve plan effectiveness and customers’ needs
- Setting up and coordinating direct store deliveries (DSD) promotional events
- Work with outside vendors moving vital supplies to customers.
- Building and sustaining positive relationships within the supply chain
- Support outbound planning desks within operations, by helping with LTL related tracking and/or other operational issues
- Back up other FCS desks, as needed
- Work with Outbound and the facility to manage LTL carrier trailer pools and proactively identify gaps to prevent loading issues
- Analyze data to identify trends and determine solutions for improved service and/or cost. Collaborate with teammates and carriers to identify service improvement opportunities
- Apply decision making and problem-solving skills to resolve unplanned events with carrier, such as on time delivery delays and accessorial charges
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a Supply Chain, Logistics or Operations related role
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word; to write business correspondence, Excel; for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas and Outlook; for internal and external correspondence
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university, or pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university with an anticipated graduation date within one year
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf