Do you enjoy working in a team environment where the focus is safety and teamwork? If you do, you might be Georgia-Pacific's next Material Handler! Georgia-Pacific is looking to hire efficient and safety-focused Material Handlers for our manufacturing facility in Leominster, MA. Material Handlers create value by facilitating the movement of product through the facility to ensure accurate and timely delivery of our products to both internal and external customers. Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong commitment to safety standards and knowledge of forklift operations. The Leominster facility manufactures Dixie® Cutlery, which is used in homes and businesses across the country. Our Material handlers work a 12-hour schedule and overtime when needed to include weekends and holidays. They support our strict adherence to a safe working environment by wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Backgrounds that may fit our Material Handler role include: Manufacturing, Industrial, Factory, Plant, Plastics, Injection Molding.
The Material Handler position pays $16 per hour and up, based on experience, and includes a $1000 sign-on bonus, which is payable immediately after the start.
12-Hour Fixed Day Shift with a $1.00 per hour Shift Differential
12-Hour Fixed Night Shift with a $2.00 per hour Shift Differential
What You Will Do in Your Role
- Conducts required pre-operating checks on forklift equipment daily
- Operates clamp truck and/or other machinery to complete tasks such as moving raw materials, removing finished goods from manufacturing floor, stacking at heights of 10 to 18 feet, and loading/unloading product
- Captures product movement and location using tablet
- Conducts daily cycle counts of raw materials and finished goods, rotating and storing raw materials and finished goods using FIFO (First In/First Out) inventory management system
- Monitors raw material levels daily including boxes, corrugate, poly bags, film, and tape
- Processes shipping & receiving paperwork utilizing warehouse management system
- Repacks damaged and obsolete product for shipment
- Performs housekeeping duties in operations and warehouse areas
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year or more of experience driving and operating a forklift
- Experience using a computer in a work environment
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Experience working in a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com