GLOBAL BUSINESS DIRECTOR - MILITARY TEXTILES
For over 50 years, CORDURA® brand fabrics have empowered end-users to boldly take on their world. From mountain summits to city streets, the world’s leading brands in the outdoor, workwear, and bag/pack industries as well as the world’s leading militaries look to CORDURA® for best-in-class fabric performance. Brands such as The North Face, Carhartt, Reebok, Levi’s, Crye and many more depend on our fabrics to get the job done.
We are constantly focused on the innovation and transformation of the CORDURA® fabric portfolio – to increase the value we deliver to our customers and partners. That is why we’re looking for a Global Business Director- Military Textiles for our CORDURA® business to join us on the journey.
The Global Business Director will have P&L responsibility with direct oversight of Sales, Marketing, Innovation and Product Management. This leader will be responsible for developing and executing strategies that result in step-change growth for the business as well as developing data-driven go-to-market processes to build a strong understanding of market unmet needs to inform solution development across our global military, tactical and law enforcement segments.
We will provide relocation to the Kennesaw, GA market and a flexible work environment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead, direct and oversee all aspects of the Global Military Textiles business team, including acquiring, retaining, and developing the talent
- Responsible for P&L and direct oversight of Sales, Marketing, Innovation and Product Management
- Shape and challenge the current vision and strategy to maximize the new product value of the business
- Develop and establish disciplined, best-in-class commercial processes to execute on growth strategies and deliver impactful business results
- Develop relations and networks within the various military and government organizations to understand the unmet needs, current/future contract solicitation requirements and set strategy to profitably advance INVISTA’s product and technology portfolio
- Follow current military program execution working through the entire value chain, fiber to end-user
- Look for opportunity and potential derailers for our offerings and services
- Drive next generation products and services for the global military, tactical and law enforcement market segments by understanding market and industry insight
- Develop a point of view of competitive landscapes and unmet needs where INVISTA can add value and offer solutions
- Define and develop the financial stake for the opportunities and the strategic plan to accomplish these objectives
- Develop experiments to quickly validate or reject hypothesis around the opportunities identified. Work with military and tactical value chains for testing and development of specifications and new product offerings
- Lead efforts with the technology and R&D teams and/or external partners to develop product offerings to meet the requirements
- Lead efforts with the Technical, Sales and Marketing teams to develop business and marketing plans for launch
- Evaluate economic tradeoffs to enable good decision making
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree higher in textiles, engineering or business/financial discipline
- Experience in Commercial or Business Development teams
- Experience leading teams
- Experience engaging, presenting and influencing Executive and Senior-level Leadership
- Experience driving strategic vision
- Track record of developing and executing growth strategies to achieve quantifiable commercial successes
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with military, tactical, law enforcement segments
- Experience in textiles/fabrics
- Experience working with military specifications
- Demonstrated ability to identify and deliver against key unmet market needs in the military
- Demonstrated ability to guide the team to rapid development and commercialization of innovative offerings
- Experience leading international teams
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com