Regional Transportation Manager
The Regional Transportation Manager is an integral member of the Global Transportation Team and is responsible for managing and leading the Americas transportation operations performance to meet targeted transportation performance and capabilities development.
Focus will include proactive transportation management – both operationally and strategically with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all modes of transportation services are executed efficiency, mitigate risks, to achieve optimal freight cost efficiency and meeting customers commitments.
In this role you will also be the key coordinator to drive operations stability and continuous improvements initiatives. This includes projects evaluation, recommendation, and management of regional transportation programs with external service partners, internal logistics and other functional stakeholders.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Regional lead for AME international and domestics transportation cost and service performance, including Mexico and Canada local and cross border transportations.
- Continuously improve delivery performance to meet agreed service levels with Divisions to support CRD improvement or plant delivery requirement.
- Monitor lane transit lead time performance and drive initiatives to support transportation planning and forecasting.
- Track and monitor regional transportation spend, identify and deviation and drive corrective actions.
- Lead and participate in regional and global RFQs strategy, bid evaluation and implementation. Ensure sites services requirements are fully met and achieve best in class results.
- Responsible to manage local and international forwarders transportation performance.
- Support and resolve escalation of service issues.
- Support Division / Plant in equipment transfer and deliver equipment as per requirements.
- Develop processes that enable zero quality defects, share containment, and planned corrective actions.
- Drive continuous productivity improvements to improve cost and service quality in the region with internal and external partners.
- Monitor market risk factors to identify potential risk impact service and proactively mitigate the issue.
- Responsible for transportation data quality for the region which include resolution of master data and reporting errors.
- Subject matter expertise in International Freight Forwarding and international trade operations
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Logistics or Business preferred - Candidates with other degree specialization plus strong relevant industry experiences will be considered
- 5+ years professional experience in supply chain, regional and global transportation, logistics operations
- Working knowledge of Americas international transportation air, ocean, and other modes of transportation, as well as regional regulatory requirements
- Experience in managing cross border logistics and customs processes.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, including internationally
What Will Put You Ahead
- Working in logistics/supply chain/transportation function within a manufacturing environment with a comprehensive knowledge of logistics processes and procedures
- Proven project management experience to optimize and improve logistics processes
- Skilled communicator with the ability to negotiate, influence and establish good relationships internally and externally
- Excel in analytics and drive business transformation through economic thinking skills and quantitative decision-making process
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf